Find
Notify
Tools

He shoots he scores!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We lads
I'm to to say I have harvested a nice antelope, not real great trophy by Wyoming standards, but decent mass, nice cutters, white tips only 11 1/2 inches.
i was a little low with my shot as it went through the brisket and took out the off side lower shoulder just below the meat. Shot was just over 300 yards with the sako L61R in 25-06 with the 120gr hornady HP bullet.
Already had a feed of backstraps and easy over eggs, delicious. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
tu2 beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I think as time goes on you'll find that bullet to be a favorite. I can't seem to find them now. You may want to buy them when you find them, or you'll be stuck using those awful Noslers!

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nate
I have a brother that goes to Montana to shoots pheasants and he meets his pointer buddy who is from some place in Idaho, want me to send some down for you. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nate I think I got them all down here.
I found out one of my 25-06's and my 257 bob would shoot them accurately and bought a bunch.

my other 25-06 dotes on the speer 100 gr btsp controlled expansion bullet, now those are hard to find.
I think the 25-06 might be pushing the speers a tick too hard [they will penetrate a deer no problem but ruin a little too much meat if the shot isn't right in the boiler room] so i'm gonna give them a try in the bob and see if I can't breathe some life back into the old Winchester.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
FS- Live close to CDA. If he comes close to here it would be appreciated but not expected at all. I'm glad you found a good shooting load.

Lamar- I've about given up finding them. I've been buying up Nosler partitions and just had my Dad pick up some Accubonds coming up here. I should be set for a while but I will be keeping my eyes on the shelves. I tried Speers for a while and decided they were a little soft for my taste. I did pick up some Deep Curl for a .270 that hasn't been blooded yet, and two boxes for the .338 in 225gr just in case but when it only takes a couple shots to check zero and one per head of game it could be the rest of my life before I even crack the seal on the box.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I love eating fresh game and fish. It sure tastes better, to me anyway, than what I can pick up at the grocery store.