Find
Notify
Tools

.243 and Berger 95 VLDs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sad_cal_native
posted
I'm having a tough time finding much in the way of published loads for the 95 VLD. I've gotten decent results with H-1000 but am wondering if anyone has a pet load for this bullet.

For the record I'm shooting a Savage 22" 1/9.25 twist.

"Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto. "

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."

Thomas Jefferson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try RL 22 or WXR (same thing) . Should be able to get around 48 - 49 gns as maximum .Most have found that they are not very accurate at above 3150 FPS .
Good luck , I couldn't get them to work .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IN all of my testing with the longer match bullets in the 243 and 6mm Rem, I have to give the accuracy nod to RL 19 first and H 414 second....most other powders when good, where not as tight of groupers as those two....

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sad_cal_native
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:
IN all of my testing with the longer match bullets in the 243 and 6mm Rem, I have to give the accuracy nod to RL 19 first and H 414 second....most other powders when good, where not as tight of groupers as those two....

cheers
seafire
cheers

seafire,

Thanks for the ideas. I'll give them a shot and get back to you.

BTW, whereabouts in Southern Oregon are you? I lived in Ashland and Grants Pass for several years. Beautiful country for sure.

"Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto. "

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."

Thomas Jefferson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Cal:

I'm in Grants Pass....Not snooty enough to live in Ashland....I think they would arrest me for just owning a firearm in Ashland!

Cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote