THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    45gr Tripple Shocks in a .22-250?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45gr Tripple Shocks in a .22-250?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just getting ready to order a few things from Midway and thought about adding some of the 45gr tripple shocks to my order. Have any of you guys shot any of these bullets or possibly the 50gr through a 1:14 twist? What kind of powders did you use?

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I've shot them and some of the older 53 grainers through a 22-250 on top of a load of Varget. Varget is a great powder that is not temperature sensitive if you are hunting in any kinds of extremes in temperatures in your outings.

The range of temps that I shoot it can be from 105* to around 20* so it fits the bill for me.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can verify that they work on antelope sized deer at high velocity AND low velocity loads...

22.250 speeds and 22 Hornet speeds...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I only have experience with the 53gr TSX out of a 1:14 twist with Varget. They shoot just fine.

I have filled up the freezer many, many times with antelope and deer using them. I haven't kept exact count but it's right around three dozen give or take a few.

They don't cause too much destruction on turkey either. But it's still best to hit them at the base of the neck.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
What are the exit holes like with the 53 gr TSX out of the 22- 250 .

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The exit holes are typical TSX. Just fine, they aren't huge like Hornady SP's or Nosler BT's, but that is one of the reasons I like using them. They get the job done without the mess.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
My 1:14 twist 223 shoots the 53 tsx just fine, my daughters 1:14 twist 221 f-ball doesn't like them. Should be no problem getting accuracy with a 1:14 twist 22-250, and I'd start with the 53 gr and only try lighter bullets if you couldn't get the 53 to shoot.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote