Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 08 September 2010 00:21 Hide Post
correct answer young Jedi...

Rich

geez rich - they even ID me at the senior center

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not for sale but.......

Cooper classic, model 38, chambered in 22 hornet.

some random groups I had pix of at 100 yds.

I've had four different hornets, a browning low wall, two rugers and now this Cooper. I might do a K-hornet also.

I don't know if you take Precision Shooting mag., but ML McPherson has an article this month on Alliant Power Pro 300 MP.
He says its the stuff for Hornets, increase velocity, reasonable pressure and great accuracy. He tested 30 gr. varmint grenade, 40 gr Berger HP, and 40 gr nosler ballistic tip.
IIRC I'm loading the 36 gr varmint grenades at present
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cooper discussions all seem to turn into political discussions anymore. Dan is gone. Cooper rifles are superior firearms. Buy one. I've got three, two custom classics and a western classic, and I'm not done yet. Best looking, best shooting rifles I have ever owned. The .270 I bought last winter has taken 7 marmots the past 3 weeks at ranges from 600 to 749 yards. Not bad for an elk rifle. I've had a few customs that shot as well or better, but they cost much more.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote