THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Husqvarna 98 Mauser in 6.5x55?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husqvarna 98 Mauser in 6.5x55?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know if Husqvarna ever built one of their FN 98 Mauser rifles in 6.5x55? I've seen several in the 96 Mauser but it's my dream to own one in the 98 Mauser to match my slightly customized Husqvarna 640 in 9.3x62. I've seen several in 9.3x62 and 30-06, but never anything smaller. This is my Holy Grail of rifles, anyone know if one exist and if so where I can find one?

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine they didn't. I know they made em in .220 Swift and .270 also.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Yes, they did. They also made at least one in .22-250. I brought it with me when I came to the 'States in 1982. I traded its barrel to a gunshop in Phoenix, Arizona when I had the rifle re-barreled to 6.5x55. They were also made in .243, .308, .270, and .30-06 for sale to the North American market.

(The gunshop was "The Woodsman" on E. McDowell Road, which was 50% owned by my close Canadian friend Lockwood Spafford. Lock was one of the original Canadian members of the first joint U.S./Canadian Special Forces unit which fought its way the length of Italy and on eventually into France & Germany during WW II. That was before the U.S. had its own Special Forces with only American troops. I don't know how many purple hearts he picked up, but he was still double-tough for a 70-year old when I hung around with him. I haven't seen him for 19 years....he likely has passed on by now.)

At one time the author Francis Sell had a partial ownership participation in a company called "Tradewinds, Inc." (a Pacific NW company). They imported rifles from Sweden which were called the "Norrahammar" sporters. They were built on Husqvarna actions too, and in the same chamberings, but seemed to have a little nicer wood.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Brad: Go to Tradeexcanada - products - sporting rifles - scroll down to #s 6020 & 6024 these are 2 HVA 1600s in 6.5x55. I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for / if Tradeex ships State side. --- John303.