THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Sinterfire Frangible bulets in .223 Rem, anyone use?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sinterfire Frangible bulets in .223 Rem, anyone use?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was thinking about using some of these for a plinking and small varmint round, due to the cheap price ($6.85/100). They are made of a copper/tin composite that disintegrates on impact with hard targets, but the tech I just talked to on the phone said they work well on varmints he's shot. Also, he said that due to being made of a lighter material, they have the profile and wind drift of a 60 gr. bullet even though they weigh only 42 gr. Anyone tried these before? Thanks.

<dave j>
posted
I am currently in the process of testing them for a training round in 223 and 9mm. Have group tested them @50m and they were as good as FMJ. Intention is to use them on a specially designed indoor range due to reduced backsplash. Did wonder what they would go like on tissue as they hit pretty hard!! Ironically they are very expensive here so discounted them as varmint round.
I have a feeling this is the type of round we could all be using to stay shooting and keep the wider public happy?
ps the sinterfire proj punched through 3mm armoured plate @25M ?!!