New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 300 WSM rifles?
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
Thanks for all the feedback. I wasn't aware that ruger is chambering the round. I just might have to look into the all weather.

After looking into the T3 a bit more, I don't think it is my kind of bolt gun. I prefer the more traditional mauser type actions.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had looked at the Kimber and Sako and nothing wrong with them but got a tikka t3 lite in 300wsm and couldn't be happier. I'm have it grouping about 1/2" at 100yds for 3 shot and I don't mind the magazine just need to get a spare one. Got mine out the door at sportmans warehouse for $485. just lapped the rings and when to shooting it and may get the t3 in 300win mag also. Was surprised at the recoil alot less than figured for a rifle being 6.6 lbs and this is my first lite weight rifle I've ever owned.

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have no Idea when they will actually be available but the CZ model 3 may turn into a viable choice. I've only seen pictures so far.
I'm not the biggest Ruger Fan so if you must have a claw extractor I would prefer a Kimber then a Winchester. The Kimber is a good bit lighter than the Winchesters but they will also have the same effect on your wallet! Good news is that there probably isn't a bad choice among the bunch.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a plain vanilla Savage in 300 WSM will shoot with any of the above, and the appearance can be solved with a good stock. With the money you save, you can get any caliber you want with an extra bbl from adams and Bennett, and swap it on and off in about 5 minutes yourself.

My 300 WSM Savage is the inexpensive Hunter, and my "other" bbl is a 24 inch 450 Marlin with a chamber/throat for a 2.8 inch COL vs the factory 2.55. Total cost is under $700 without optics.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
If you get the chance to walk into a Browning full line dealer take a look at their classic hunter. Never had an A-bolt that wouldn't shoot really well. I currently have a comp. stalker in 7 wsm. Another you might consider only if you reload is the lazzeroni Savage model 16 in 7.82 Patriot. I own one but haven't fired a round yet. Just too many others to play with.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote