New
Find
Notify
Tools

.14/221
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone supplying barrels for the .14 caliber these days.
Reeds has had the longest moving shop locations in history I believe. So they are out.
I'm looking for one of two options. Leaning towards the first more though.
1--t/c contender barrel 18"
2--barrel to replace one of the .221 fireballs in CZ527

Posts: 29 | Location: United States | Registered: 13 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Over here in Oregon.....

http://www.pac-nor.com/barrels/

r in w

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray- thanks.
Called Pac-Nora, they have discontinued making them.
He gave me two additional options off an old note. I'll call each up. Perhaps that will be the ticket.

Posts: 29 | Location: United States | Registered: 13 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another try..........

http://www.extremeaccuracy.net/barrels/

I see barrels and prices

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Al Straitiff had some last I knew, reasonable priced too.
603-532-9483

One of Us
posted Hide Post
extreme accuracy was supplied by PacNor

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I looked into building a 14-221 Walker until I really got into the economics of the caliber. Custom cleaning rod, custom cleaning brushes, custom powder funnel, custom bullets at $66/100 the last time I checked, etc etc etc.

I can shoot a lot of either 17 cal or 20 cal rounds at prairie dogs with the same money.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with the economics of shooting the bad boy .14's Pricey little things.
On Reeds site the bullets are still posted at $37-45 per 100. Yes, expensive. Isn't that similar to premium 30 or larger bullets folks shoot. (I don't have anything larger than a 6.5)

Yes, shooting these is spendy, they don't shoot very far, velocity drops extremely fast compared to a .220 swift. So what's the benefits?

It's something that the neighbors don't have.
I love to let others shoot rifles that they have never heard of. 17 ackley bee to a 219 donaldson wasp. .14 caliber stuff would fit right in there.

Economical to shoot-- NOPE! Fun to shoot-- YUP!

This is a project that has been stewing for a couple years now. One day I'll complete it. Not looking to good for barrels right now. That's okay. There's always another day.

Storm finally broke---
Taking the 17 mach IV out today for chucks.