New
Find
Notify
Tools

.17 Squirrel
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings!

I'm looking for information on loads for the .17 Squirrel. My primary interest is in using Lil'Gun powder!

Anyone been there and done that!?

Best,

Will

Posts: 9 | Location: Cottoonwood, CA | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Will, welcome. First off I have 3 .17's none of which are a squirrel but being a fellow sub caliber fan I'll share some second hand info gleaned from "Small Caliber News" in vol. 2 no.4, (that would be winter edition 1999) there's an article on the .17 quirrel in it. The author shows loads with the 20 and 22 grain Bergers. Using 5 grain LilGun with the 20 (smallest groups, one hole) for a velocity of 2,581, 22 grain Berger with 5 grain LilGun for (second smallest group .50) at 2,544, and 6 grain LilGun with the 22's for 2,844 and the largest group of the test. In Todd Kindlers book "Sensational .17's" he uses ; H110, WW296, AA 1680, AA#7 and AA#9.

The best advise I'd give you for info is go to the site Saubier.com and ask the same question. If you haven't been there Saubier is a dedicated small caliber site with very few of the flames usually found at various shooting sites I'm sure you'll find a number of Squirrel shooters there and they'll be glad to help. See ya there and good luck.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Mucho thanks - I'm off searching the answer! Appreciated.

Best,

Will

Posts: 9 | Location: Cottoonwood, CA | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote