THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Sako 7mm-08 brass.....anyone try it?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako 7mm-08 brass.....anyone try it?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted
Saw it on their website, waiting for Lapua to tell me if/when they might make 260 and 7/08 brass.

The 6BR brass they make is really nice.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken, our Swedish member "Marterius" uses this brass in his 7mm-08. He may spot this post, or you could send him a PM. The Sako brass tends to be a bit on the expensive side.

I would not hold my breath for Lapua starting to make 7mm-08 brass. They seem to be very selective with regards to the calibers they make, and the selection criteria sometimes beat me (although I guess it must be about making a $$$). Lapua recently stopped making .270 Win brass - imagine that! thumbdown Lapua does make nice brass, though, the best in fact. All the more reason to be frustrated when you can't get a particular caliber you'd like...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
It seems there is a good following of competitive shooters using the 260 and 7/08 and I know many reform 243 and 308 Lapua brass but it seems to only have the potential for better brass if it was produces in the correct form from the start.

True, I don't know how Lapua decides which ctg they make brass for.....perhaps how marketable it is vs the American priced brass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lapua makes brass for reloaders, and since those who reload alot, buys quality, meaning lapua.

Now they make for the BR shooters, and hunters. You can reload for almsot any kind of "popular" caliber using the Lapua brass. 308 or 243 to 7-08 or 260, 30-06 to 270, 25-06, 280, 6,5x55 is very popular in norway, sweden and finland, 300WM, 7Mag and 338WM(?)

So, those who buy lapua, knows how to neck up or down.. keeps cost down, and quality up.

If you want to buy with correct headstamp, buy norma. Lapua is best, but norma a close second..

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nortman:
Lapua makes brass for reloaders, and since those who reload alot, buys quality, meaning lapua.
So, those who buy lapua, knows how to neck up or down.. keeps cost down, and quality up.

Was that a particularly snotty reply, or am I just having a thin-skinned day??
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
I seek info, and anything else rolls.....

anyway, I have necked brass up and down.....but I don't and prefer not to have to neck turn brass.

Does that address any assumptions or questions rather?