New
Find
Notify
Tools

20 cal cleaning rods?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Doing an order from Brownells tomorrow and they don't seem to have much in the way of 20 caliber stuff. I'm thinking about getting the 17 cal dewey coated rod and I guess getting some 17 cal brushes as I can't seem to see any 20 caliber ones. Anyone prefer a different cleaning rod?

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, Dewey is putting out the 20 cal rods now, you might check Sinclair. www.sinclairintl.com

Posts: 130 | Location: East central Kansas | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Anything you need for the 20s and other smaller caliber you can get from my friend Todd Kindler of the Woodchuck DEn.

The Woodchuck Den

Posts: 68780 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MarkWhite---You can't use a brush with this--but for pushing a patch in my .177 and 5mm air guns I use very heavy(.135)weed trimmer line. With air guns,I don't want to brush them anyways.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies everyone, I ordered the nylon coated steel Dewey rod in 177. Brownells does not have the 20 caliber rod yet and so I just put one of these on my order too. I'll let everyone know how it works out. Brownells does carry 20 caliber brushes, they may not be in the catalog though- 084-405-020 is the stock # for a 3 pack.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
Check Sinclair http://www.sinclairintl.com/ they have what you are looking for in jags, brushes, etc. and believe they will thread to your Dewey rod.
I've used the .17 cal rod for many years on my 5mmm Remington with no problems.