New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington XR100 in 204
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking to pick up a .204 for plinking and pdog shoots once a year. I'm a die hard savage fan, but thought I might try something different this time. I was looking at the XR100 and searched this forum, but not much info here in last year or so on this rifle.

I'm fairly confident that any savage I get will shoot .5 MOA for sure, but what about the Remmy?

One of Us
Picture of just say moe
posted Hide Post
I have one in .223 and love it. They are not sold as varmint rifles (single shot) but that is what I use mine for. I'm not much of a thumbhole stock guy, but I wanted the Xr100 for the other features. The thumbhole takes getting used to, but it works well. I particularly like the adjustable trigger. I have gotten 1/2 inch groups with very little load development with TAC.

"Pick out two!" - Moe Howard

Posts: 295 | Location: ARKANSAS - Ouachita mtns. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington 700 matte synthetic ADL in 204 that I bedded into a SA 700 laminated Mountain Rifle stock. It is a great shooting rifle, always sub-MOA, and because of the minimal recoil, you can watch your hits when the wind isn't blowing.

FWIW, you can probably get into a Savage 10/11/12 in 204 for about 1/2 the price of a Remington, which might be something to consider, but I'm not a big Savage fan, so it wouldn't be for me.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found a used one for 575, not that much more than a savage.