New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 American left hand
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone shot one yet, or bought one yet. I read in 2006 CZ-America would be importing them. Just curious! Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I bought a left hand CZ 527 American in 223 cal three months back. I just love that gun.
Love it so much that I went and bought a CZ452 American 22LR left hand bolt as well. Both guns are similar in size and have a slender pistol grip. They are very nicely stocked and very light weight and enjoyable to shoot........pg

Posts: 16 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thank you for the reply. they have apparently been on the market for a few months now, but no one has reported on them, so I thought that I would ask. I am glad that you are pleased. I am a right handed person, but think I would have to go long and far to beat my CZs. I own a 527 Lux/American in .223 Remington with a drop-dead beautiful CZ aftermarket fancy grade walnut stock and a CZ 550 American in 7x57mm. My .223 is a three-shot 3/8 inch rifle with my handloads and my 7mm will put three 162 grain Hornady SST slugs into a half inch circle with ease and sandbag rests of course. Again, thanks for the reply. Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This got me going as my son is a lefty and refuses to learn to shoot right handed..

I checked their web site and they had a listing for some Lefty 527s on their price list.. chamberd only in 223.. which is fine by me...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I may be incorrect, but I think the only lefty 527 American available is going to be 223 cal. This was put on the market at the first of this year.....pg

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I wished they made it in a 22 hornet. I've been waiting for a LH hornet. I guess I'll buy a A-bolt.

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Me too, but all that they offer is a 223.
Hey guys, I am left handed too. But more important is that my left eye is my strong eye. I have given up on left hand rifles for the most part.
I just cannot find the calibers that I like in left hand so I buy righties and shoot them left.
I keep telling myself that the resale value will be higher if I ever decide to sell them because there is a greater demand for right handed guns.

On that subject of left and right.....
The only thing I know of that was made for the left handed person is a conventional fishing reel. Handles were on the right, so a leftie made his cast and begins reeling. A rightie has to cast, then change hands to reel in. How did that ever happen? I have wondered about it for years and have never heard an answer.
Anybody know of another item made by mistake to favor the leftie?............pg