New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage 16FSS/223 Calibers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In looking for a walking varminter rifle, I settled on a Savage 16 FSS in 223. With a One in 9 twist and a stainless steel barrel with the accu trigger, I figured it was just what I was looking for. So I can wing the crappy Synthetic stock and for $80.00 get me a Boyd's thumbhole gray laminate stock.

Well, after calling up two of my usual gunshops, I am told that they can not find the gun available at all. Both shops called 5 different distributors, including AccuSport, and a few other biggies.

It is in the 2004 Savage Catalog, but no one seems to be carrying it. They can offer me a lefty version tho, all over the place.

Anyone else had this "bad" luck locating one of these, or is it just strictly a West Coast ideosyncracy?

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
The demand for the new accu-trigger guns is exceeding the supply at this point and it takes some work to find accu-trigger guns in stock. I just went thru this to find a ML'er and went thru five distributors before finding them in stock and ready to be shipped. Seems the guns are just hitting the mid-level warehouses from the factory and are running 5-6 weeks later than originally expected. I have a 16FSS and think you will like it as a lightweight weather resistant carry gun that still delivers sub-MOA accuracy. The accu-trigger is as good as it gets.

woods

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote