THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Best barrel length for 17 Remington?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best barrel length for 17 Remington?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am going to put a 17 Remington Pac-Nor barrel onto my Stevens M200. I would like to make the barrel a thin short one. My daughter likes light weight rifles.

What kind of velocities can I expect from barrels between 16 and 22 inches? Thanks.

Ranb

Posts: 803 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the preferred barrel length for the .17Remington is 24". I usually load my 20 and 25gr. bullets to between 3700 and 4000fps. I don't know about the acuracy in the barrel lengths you mentioned. You might check on the Coyote Gods forum. They specialize in calibers of this range. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

http://www.coyotegods.com

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote