Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Heavy VS light ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello from Scotland~

Im seeking some opinons as to choice of rifle ........

I want a bolt action .222 Rem for Red Fox,Brown Hare, possibly Roe deer any way i've settled on a CZ rifle.

Now i will have a full length silencer fitted either reflex or a PES ........plus bi-pod.

I was thinking of going for a heavy barrel as i will be range plinking possibly a few comps probably more so than bagging critters !

I was wondering as to how both types of CZ "handle" i.e Heavy barrel VS standard ??

Was considering one in .221 but reckon .222 Rem will better bet ..........

What are your thoughts ??

Englander

Best regards from across the pond
Remember~ Britain is an Island and will never be part of Europe !.22LR .218 Bee .30-30 .308 .444

Posts: 193 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I have the CZ 527 Lux model in .222. Off sandbags and a concrete bench it will consistently hold .4s-.8s inches for 5 shot groups at 100 yards with Berger 40 grain match bullets, Speer 50 grain TNTs,full power loads, and the same groups just a bit lower with Seafire's blue dot loads using Remington's 50 grain psp with 12.4 of BLUE DOT(2750 fps).

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love my 527 Varmint in 223. Still quite portable with the heavy barrel and more accurate than I can shoot.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Waffen
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ550 Varmint Laminated H-Bar in 22-250. I don't know how much I would really like to carry it in a feild as it's a lot heavier than my sendero, but it's made for varmits so how much walking do you really do varmint hunting.

I can say it's accurate though.

Posts: 182 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy at the store let me look at the 527s the day I bought mine. One of the standard profile rifles had a better test target than any of the other CZ 223s, including a varmint model. Mine likes 25.2 grains of Benchmark under a 55 grain Hornady. I managed a 0.709" 5 shot group at 100 yards with this load, with 4 out of the five shots in a group nearly half that size. Also likes 27.6 grains of H335 under a 45 grain Sierra. Military brass. Have been using an old 1 3/4 x 5 power Redfield. Good for walking the rail road tracks in the summer for ground hogs. I would not be shy about getting the light weight version.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote