Notify
Tools

6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dose anyone have any recommendations to try for loads on a 140gr bullet.

Take your pick:

40 grains of
Varget
IMR 4895
IMR 4064
RL 15

Want to 'work up' to something fast:

47.5 grains of H 4350 with bullet seated to magazine length.. or IMR 4350 also..

however work up from 44 grains... the 47.5 grains was from an old Speer manual from the 60s I have hiding somewhere around the house..

I use Rem 140 grain Corelokts with that load and seat the bullet to the first cannelure

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its also about a 10 minut drive from my place.
Oh my! .... You're in heaven already! Big Grin I may have mentioned already how jealous I am! Wink Hoo Boy! beer I'll bet you'r looking forward to getting your rebarrelled Swede back! (One day I am going to have to aquire one!)

quote:
Naw, its called taking care of it...
Well, I was just envious, anyway! Wink

Actually, I am very happy with what I have - I just enjoy seeing what treasures other folks have! thumb

beer

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, I am very happy with what I have - I just enjoy seeing what treasures other folks have! thumb

quote:

I know what you mean! Some things people do are wicked nice! others you wonder what they were thinking!

seafire2, I beleave I have about 50rds of varget in 140's with low powder charge, and another 50 with 160RN's but I dont remember off the top of my head what powder charge. when I m in my shop again I will take a look.
thanks!

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James Kain:
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
I think the little Swede should be shot with the bullet weights and velocities it was designed for. I finally got to the 300 yard range recently and shot this group. Turns out it is a 305 yard range.

The cat is for scale. DD is 16 pounds. LOL

Damn nice shots for 300yds! sense I left the military I have yet to see a range over 300. There are not a lot of chances to make a range of that size with out removing a lot of land in my state. Looks like you live in a great part of the country.

We have a private range with a 25 100 and 305 yard targets. We are looking for a 425-450 on the adjacent property we have access to. I will not hunt past that range and only on calm conditions past 300.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote