New
Find
Notify
Tools

243 rossi trifecta
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am working up a load for a rossi trifecta. this gun does not seem to like 100 gr. bullets. My daughter has a deer license and i so far I have have not had groups, a lot of spread.

Anyone have advice or experience with a rossie switch barrel gun.

thanks

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I have a Rossi Pomba Stainless in .243 Win. Shoots 100 grain factory loads exclusively with no accuracy problems. Isnt fussy as to brand of 100 grainers either.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How much are you bullets jumping to catch the leade?
Big jump might mean bullets slightly cocking prior to engaging the leade and rifling.
Just a thot.

Posts: 434 | Location: Wetcoast | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son's shoots 2" at 100 with remington factory 100gr loads. I have never shot it at anything but a carp at about 10 yards but that blew up no problem. I think it has a Leupold 2-7 on it but don't really remember.

I have never tried to load for it.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. I have given up on it for now. I used a great deal of components in a great deal of combinations. I will by a left handed savage for my daughter. it will be cheaper that trying to make the rossi shoot. I could not get a consistent group at all.

Oh well.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote