Find
Notify
Tools

Rock River Barrels?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted
Tomorrow after work I'm going to have a look at a rifle someone has for sale. It is a 700 BDL chassis with a HS Precision stock, lapped bolt with a Sako extractor, Timney trigger, Leopold rings and mount, Simmons scope bewildered and a Rock Creek stainless inverted barrel in 243. I'm not familiar with Rock Creek or inverted barrels and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this setup. The guy said the inverted barrel was to reduce bullet harmonics? I did look up Rock Creek and they are made here in WI but that's about it.

'preciate it.
Rich

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Rock barrels are high quality match grade barrels. Many tactical match and bench rest shooters use Rock barrels.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Only from my own reasearch into them I have found that there are two types of barrels being produced. One being cut rifled, the other buttoned. Both are said to be of high quality, but the cut rifled would seem to be more desirable. Don't know about this "inverted" issue though...

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote