New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester .25 WSM next?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anybody heard whether Winchester might be offering a 25 caliber version of their WSM in the future? Given that they now offer a 300WSM, 7mmWSM and 270WSM it seems to me that the 25 would be an ideal next candidate. It seems to me that this would be a faster round than the 25-06 and more accurate given its short case length and larger diameter.

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
<leo>
posted
It would be a bit overbore though.

<Mike Anderson>
posted
I have considered doing this to make a 257. But I don't have the case capacities in front of me. What is difference capacity between the 25 WSM and a 257 weatherby?

I'm interested. Anybody got numbers on the WSM case?

<CRhodes>
posted
Right around 80 grains of water. Or at least thats what I came up with. I copied the .270 WSM drawing and necked it down to .257 on my RCBS load software.

Chuck Rhodes

<Big Stick>
posted
I screwed up my QuickLoad Program,but I know this design will yield 3650fps easily,with a 100gr XLC and a 25" barrel.

I am patiently awaiting it's birth,while I fight the urge to build one..............

<CRhodes>
posted
I'm currently getting just shy of 3800 fps with 75 grain V-Max's out of my 25-06.

There's no telling what these little speedsters will do in the WSM???? 4100FPS++++

Overbore....Overschmoor. !

<Big Stick>
posted
I'm with you. I'm shooting those V-max at 3750fps,out of an UltraLight Rem600,wearing a #1 contour,that is 23" in length.

I love the 257Wby,25-06Ackley and most all 25's..............

one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
My .300WSM has moved the -06 to the back of the gun safe, am just hanging out to see if a .25 WSM will do the same for my .22/250 varminter. It won't replace the .25/06 for hunting though, maybe just help out a bit.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote