THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Installed a Timney trigger on my Stevens 200

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installed a Timney trigger on my Stevens 200
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In an effort to improve what I consider to be horrid accuracy of my rifle, I bought a Timney trigger for it from Midway. I installed it myself yesterday. It took about two hours to resolve some safety issues that I created for myself via previous work/mistakes; however, when complete it was a very nice installation.

The instructions were quite good. If you are working with an untouched rifle, I suspect you could have it up and running in 30mins. The resulting trigger pull is spooky light if you want it. I actually added some back.

I haven't had a chance to test it out; however, stay tuned. I will provide a report next week.

Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
dancingPlease post the results. Can hardly wait! In the 7 mod.200s accuracy has not been a big complaint but it is going to be interesting to hear your results. Thanks beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
I hope your Stevens 200 grows on you. I have one in .223 and have no problem getting sub 1" groups with 55+ grain projectiles without any modifications. The trigger is quite 'agricultural' though and will one day be replaced.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 12FVSS260
posted Hide Post
The rifle basix and timney are both good triggers to install in your savage or stevens. Using both and have a slight leaning towards the rifle basix myself. Both clean and fully adjustable with easy to use instructions, after an install to get the hang of it.......20-30 minutes tops. Beats getting the piano wire and working over the 3 screw adjustable savage trigger only to have it slam fire if you set it to light......

Dave

If Accurate Rifles are Interesting.........I've Got Some Savage Rifles That Are Getting Mighty Interesting.....

Posts: 257 | Location: Central Maine | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try the Sharpshooter supply, which can be had direct or Brownell's.

Posts: 656 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a timney in my Stevens 200 ..outstanding improvement for accuracy. I also bedded (sp?) the nut lug. Shots better than a 295.00 gun should