THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anschutz Model 1532 222 Remington Rifle

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anschutz Model 1532 222 Remington Rifle
 Login/Join

posted
I am now the proud owner of an Anschutz 222 rifle. I bought it used, but it is in fine shape. It is my first triple-duce, and I would like to hear from anyone with experience with this model rifle. I also am interested in reloading data suitable for this rifle. I am new to this Forum.

Posts: 3 | Location: TN | Registered: 23 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has a 1532-34 Anshutz it seems accurate even with a stuffed barrel be carefull with your loads don't go overboard these rifles have a rear locking bolt so keep loads down a bit to save on your brass my friend uses Australian made AR2207 in his rifle with 46grWinchester HP bullets don't know off the top of my head what the hodgson equivalent is

Posts: 249 | Location: Australia | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
H322 powder and 40 grain Nosler BT's have given me best results in my triple duece.

<reload>
posted
Have shot a lot of different powders in a .222 and now getting the best groups with AA2230 with Lapua Brass that brass is the best and that way you don't have to waste time trying to get other brass up the the quality of Lapua Brass. Wilson Dies are great but other will do the job such as RCBS. Lots of bullets out there, but if you want very small groups you may have to try some custom made bullets. Good Luck