THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: Browning Micro Medallion in .223

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Browning Micro Medallion in .223
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mike, My apologies sir. I didn't mean to ruffle the post but my thoughts would be if you could find(and that might be a tall order) a left handed Remington ADL Synthetic in .223 that would be the way to go for ths carry rifle. If you've found a Browning left hand in your choice of calibers, in a lightweight carry gun it will probably suffice. Paint it whatever choice of colors you choose. It's hard to screw up a 222,223 or 22-250....even from the big producers! Under an inch at 100......should be no problem with any of the major suppliers! Have fun and post pics of the varmints you get! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Hello Mike. I have a Micro medallion, .223, gloss walnut,nice wood, very nice blue, good trigger, rt. hand, I got in 89 when the 257 R I ordered was not made. It is the best common sporting light weight bolt .223 I have ever seen. Shot .4's, .5's, .6's right out of the box. I sent it off for Neil Jones to rework the stock trigger 'cuz it shot so good. It is even better now. Long throated, standard length detachable box, so I got an extra box, altered the alum spacer in the front of the box for lots more loaded length for flat base 64's and 70's. IT won't shoot 68 & up because of the twist though. Shoots 40 v max and AA2200 very fast and in the 6's. Very nice chamber. That gun made me a believer in 3 lug systems.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who replied. Browning no longer makes the Micro Medallion, but make the Micro Hunter. My local dealer was able to find one in left hand .223 and it's steaming its way here. I'll post how well it does at my earliest chance. Thanks again.

Posts: 101 | Location: Reedley California | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote