New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm Remington
 Login/Join

Picture of Leonard Barnes
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone: This is my first time on this site and I do not want to start off on the wrong foot. I am a big fan of the 6MM Rem and have had several as you can see by my login name. I had a 6mm Rem years ago and had it punchesd to a 6MM Ackley Improver and what a gun it was. I reached the 4000 Fps mark with this hotrod and am still sorry I ever got rid of it. Now I'm not sure if it is bad carma here but I will take the chance and say have you concidered the 243 WSSM?
But if your still set on having the standard 6MM REM. I think that the Mauser action is a very good choice to build one on. I just picked up my 25/06 I had built on a 98 Mauser and I had a 257 Rob. built on one years ago for my son. He still uses it and loves it. I think you have a better bullet selection with the 257 but you have to go with what you like or you will never be happy. Good Luck

Posts: 5 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last week we drove from Scotland down to England and back, so you see Seafire sometimes we do drive. In order that our friends in the US can get an idea of our fuel prices, we were in my wifes Jeep Grand Cherokee and I put £68.00 in diesel in it at one fill up which is $130+ for one fill up.

I just look on it as my contribution to the Government as the vast majority of the cost is in taxes. thumbdown

John

www.kosaa.co.uk

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Posts: 275 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote