New
Find
Notify
Tools

savage 12 fvss
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just picked up a new fvss from my local gunstore and the box and gun have matching serial numbers but the gun is not fluted and it has a beavertail stock just like the model 12 long range precsion varminter. My gunstore owner feels I got the better deal.

Posts: 135 | Location: sw kansas | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have a bedding block I think you got the better deal. Fluting can add stess points to barrel. No benchrest barrels are fluted.

If you don't have an aluminium bedding block then get your money back.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No bedding block on this rifle. It has everything the fvss. But different stock and no flutes. I dont know if I want to keep it or not. Thanks Buliwyf

Posts: 135 | Location: sw kansas | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Willimon.
Where did you get your gun at.could you be more specific.i have the same gun only not stainless.i bought it about six months ago.i had to order it and it took several weeks to get it.when i opened the box and looked at it.i could see it had a new style stock.a synthetic stock that looks just like a lo pro stock.its a far cry from the tupperware stocks that used to come on savages.you are the only person so far i know other than myself that has one.i skim bedded mine and it will not flex at all.works great in my coaxial front rest.i have called savage a couple of times and they seem reluctant to talk about it.they just keep telling me its a new type of stock they are going to be useing.there are pics of mine on the savage shooters forum. pm or email me.i think i might know why we recieved these stocks

Doug in WV.

Posts: 4 | Location: PKSBG WV. | Registered: 11 January 2009Reply With Quote