New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pac-Nor Medium Palma barrel?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an extra Savage 110 in 30-06 and have an urge for a 6mm Remington. I am thinking of getting the Pac-Nor medium Palma contour barrel with a 1 in 8 twist. I would get the Choate stock and a new trigger. I have no real experience in building a long-range rifle. Would this combination be a good long-range shooter? Please suggest any improvements still using the Savage 110 as a base.
Thanks for your ideas in advance.

Posts: 420 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 08 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Chop...

I DO have experience in building a long range set up...

In fact, I am in the process of doing the very same thing....

A Savage 116 ( stainless version) with a heavy palma barrel in about 30 inches in length.. with a one in 7 twist... ( I have the same thing, but a bull barrel on a Mauser action)...

I am going to get a Laminate Stock from Richards for it..

Mine already has the accu trigger....

Mine will be chambered in 6mm Rem...

After that, I am going to duplicate that barrel with one chambered in the same case in 6.5 bore..6.5 x 57 ( or 6.5 x 257 Roberts)...

So for a guy who claims not to know much.. in my book you are definitely on the right path..

awesome beginners luck I guess! thumb

cheers
seafire
beer

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
go Rifle Basix for the trigger. Awesome upgrade for the older ones. I think you got the rifle idea. You might consider the laminate stock as an option. They are doing rather well in F Class.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote