New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 17rem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone tried out the new CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Remington? It looks like it should be nice and with a price tag you can look at! Also with that twist you should be able to use the bigger Bergers well too right? http://www.czusa.com/product.detail.php?id=47

Matt

Posts: 46 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Matt,

I'm a big fan of CZ rifles. They're turning out some good products. However, this praise does not extend
to the .17Rem. I have a Remington 700BDL in that caliber, and it drives me to distraction. Oh it'll shoot,
whenever it damn well pleases. It's not unusual to get a .45" group (5 at 100yds.) preceded or followed
by one of 1.3". Many others have agreed. There's just no consistency to this caliber. It is indeed a fun
rifle to shoot. If nothing else, it has taught me a goodly amount of humility. It's a fouling bugger, but
that's not a major problem. It comes out easily enough. If you buy one, enjoy but be prepared for some
heartaches from time to time. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just got one yesterday have not shot it yet waiting on brass but will let you know as soon as i can

Posts: 8 | Location: mtn. home ar | Registered: 20 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget, you'll need to buy a few additional specialized components to load the 17. Two that come to mind right now are a powder funnel and a different case trimmer shaft if you use a Forester. Not sure about other brands though.

I have to agree with Cal on this one. Very fun to shoot and teaches great patience. It took me over a year to figure out what mine liked.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I like a challenge! lol It'd just be something different to mess around with. Unfortunately I can't get one right away.

Matt

Posts: 46 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the range. I am very happy with the results love the gun and the trigger. Would recommend this gun. very pleased shot .5 groups after break-in with factory ammo not to bad

Posts: 8 | Location: mtn. home ar | Registered: 20 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a glutton for punishment, I got one too! I'm thinking break-in will be particularly important on the .17 Remington. My HMR cleans like crazy, so's my .17 MachIV, my Tact.20 is one of the easiest cleaning rifles I've ever had. My buddy says I'm lucky, my theory is the more time you spend breaking rifles in the luckier you get!

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote