New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loads for 223 WSSM Browning?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I posted this on the reloading board but nobody answered. Has anyone worked up an accurate load for this gun or caliber? If so would you please share the info, Thanks, H.H.

Posts: 161 | Location: hoosierville | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
There is an article in Varmint Hunter Magazine by Steve Timm with quite a bit of load data. These are some of the best loads in his Browning rifle:

50 gr. nosler BT over 44 grains of Varget (.68" and 4067 fps)
55 gr. Vmax over 48 gr. Hunter (0.84" and 3669 fps)
52 gr. Sierra HPBT over 41 gr. of H4895 (0.78" and 3960 fps)

The usual disclaimers apply, not responsible for typo's, verify all data, safe in that rifle, yada, yada, yada.
HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dutch,
What is that Hunter powder you listed. Ive never heard of it. Thanks again, H.H.

Posts: 161 | Location: hoosierville | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
It's the new Western Powders / Ramshot powder. Supposed to be around I4350, temp stable, clean burning, easy metering, ball powder. "The latest, greatest". Haven't used it myself yet. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
H.H.,

Send me an PM with you e-mail address and I will send you what I have worked up for my M70 Coyote. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote