Find
Notify
Tools

Howa trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted
Hey guys, my huntin buddy bought a Howa in .223 and needs to adjust the trigger. Anyone out there have one that knows how they work? I'm in Oregon and he's in the Cowboy state...little too far to drive to take a peek! BT53

It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Elk, it's what's for dinner..

Posts: 267 | Location: So. Oregon | Registered: 11 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blacktailer:

I have a buddy who lives in Billing Montana, that I picked up a Howa in 223 out this way for him...

I also adjusted the trigger on it... it has been a couple of years ago... but it was pretty easy... it wouldn't adjust down like a Remington or Winchester trigger... but still a big improvement....

If your buddy has enough mechanical know/how to change a set of spark plugs, he should be able to adjust down his Howa's trigger... It wasn't rocket science, because I managed to figure it out.....

BTW, do you head over the hill to shoot sage rats in the spring??? If so, maybe we should get together and take a trip over.. I have a few spots lined up....

Cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The front screw is for pull weight, the rear screw is for sear. Some older Howa's I have adjusted doen too a nice trigger pull. My new Weatherby Vanguard, made by Howa, I couldn't get the takeup out of the trigger, and still have the safety function. I had to replace with a Timney from Midwayusa.com

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted Hide Post
Major,
Thankyou, I'll forward that info to him. I adjusted my brothers Howa .270 without any problems, but my pal Tim is in Wyoming, so he's on his own!
Seafire!
Yes and yes! Looking at late march early april? I have one spot near lower lake road that can be pretty good too. Good plan!
BT53

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[
Seafire!
Yes and yes! Looking at late march early april? I have one spot near lower lake road that can be pretty good too. Good plan!
BT53[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me.. lets keep in touch...

drop me a PM with your contact info....

are you on the Medford side of the hill, or the KFalls side? Located in GP here!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am basically cautious myself of DIY trigger adjustments. I have a Vanguard/Howa and took to a smith. It cost around $70 but it breaks as clean and crisp as could be at 3 pounds with the factory trigger.

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
My old 22-250 sporter adjusted easily but below a certain #, it would not allow the safety to function as someone stated. Just check that out as it is comforting knowing it works, and reverse when not.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted Hide Post
Seafire,
Hope I did it right... Contact message sent.
BT53