THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Interarms Mini-Mauser to Mach IV ???

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interarms Mini-Mauser to Mach IV ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone ever tried a conversion on one of these to a cartridge shorter than the .223 ?

Ran across one at a reasonable price last week and it is a very petite action , much smaller than something like a Remington 700 short action ......

[ 04-22-2003, 01:39: Message edited by: sdgunslinger ]

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Dan C>
posted
I would say that it likely would work fine. I have done a couple of CZ 527's in Mach IV and 19 FBI and they feed fine, as do the Sako L461's and A1's.

Dan C

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Mini-Mauser I changed over to 17M4. You will probably have some feeding problems as the case is much shorter. I did, what happened is the round was jumping off the feed rails too soon and popping straight up. What the smith did was add a space to the side of the follower and a spacer in to the back to hold the rounds in the front of the magazine.

PS it�s for sale.

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howards mach IV is also a wonderful acurate little rifle. I have shot it and will have one someday.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote