THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Savage/Stevens 25-06 take-off barrel?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage/Stevens 25-06 take-off barrel?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have a Savage/Stevens take-off barrel or know where I might get one?

I have a 30-06 take-off that I would like to swap...

Thanks!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just google stuff like "savage pre fit barrels" or "savage barrels" and you'll find many companies. Most of the barrel manufacturers have now jumped on board with the Savages and offer pre-fits

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a bunch of places to look. Midway, Eabco, Shaw, McGowen, Shilen, Bergara, and the list goes on. The process is fairly straight forward. Spend the money on some headspace gauges (go/no go gauges) and the nut wrench and maybe even the savage action wrench.

Savage Shooters Forum

You can search the Savage Shooters Forum and there are even guys that sell Savage barrels there. All the details are there for the searching.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys... Smiler
I was just hoping someone here had a one USED... Big Grin

But I'll watch the classifieds....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might be able to get one over at Savage Shooters Forum.

I've also seen a website called Switchbarrel (or something similar). He may have a used barrel.

You may also be able to pick one up from Midway. I bought one of their Adams & Bennett Barrels and I'm really pleased.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might be able to grab someone's used take off for what, 50-60$? You can get a new one for around 100-ish, and thats for the basic but still good stuff like A&B or EABCO. Of course, you can spend more and get a considerably BETTER barrel for a LOT less then you would on any other rifle. For that matter, less money then you'd probably spend on another value priced rifle lol. Example, IIRC Shilen's are like 250-350, and you get to customize lengths, twists, profile/taper, metal composition, finish...In fact, I have NO idea why I have not yet done this myself lol Used Savages and new Steven's are a dime a dozen.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MileHighShooter:
You might be able to grab someone's used take off for what, 50-60$? You can get a new one for around 100-ish, and thats for the basic but still good stuff like A&B or EABCO. Of course, you can spend more and get a considerably BETTER barrel for a LOT less then you would on any other rifle. For that matter, less money then you'd probably spend on another value priced rifle lol. Example, IIRC Shilen's are like 250-350, and you get to customize lengths, twists, profile/taper, metal composition, finish...In fact, I have NO idea why I have not yet done this myself lol Used Savages and new Steven's are a dime a dozen.

Thanks for the heads-up...But I've decided to not re-barrel...270W is going on the hunt! Big Grin