Find
Notify
Tools

6xc Norma
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted
Norma has come out with David Tubbs 6xc and that will primarily be a match cartridge ,it has proven itself in the millitary WC in Norway that goes on now. This will be a nuice wildcattercartridge aswell as a fien hunting cartridge after deer. i think that a fine nosler would bee perfect for it.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lot of the match shooters seem to be abandoning the 6XC for the regular .243. One problem is that Tubb has been unable to supply cases on a regular basis for three or four years. People are getting tired of fire forming 22-250s. I have had some on order for 13 months, and am now told that they gave up on the original vendor and will shipo Norma in a week or two.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Indy, according to 6mmbr.com, Norma brass arrived in late July or early August. If you still want some brass, maybe you'd better try to get in touch with Dave Tubbs' company - (806) 323-9488 Superior Shooting Systems- to see if they still have brass available.

I'm guessing this caliber may remain a bit spotty in terms of brass availability in the future. I would not be surprised if the new 6.5x47 Lapua fell into the same category.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My order is from Creedmoresports, who orders it from Superior Shooting Systems.

Tubb is a lot better shooter than he is a businessman.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.