THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: .243 Win - Inherent Erratic Performance?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .243 Win - Inherent Erratic Performance?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Pagris,
I started a similiar thread at 24hour campfire as I'm about to start reloading for the 243Win.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=Howell

Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
Sako
I thoroughly enjoy mine now that it shoots. I won't present you with any internet group sizes,but I am well pleased.
The recoil is less now that you can drop an unfired bullet thru the neck of a fired case. when I got it it wouldn't do that.
I've put about 150 rounds thru it developing reloads and general bench shooting and I agree they kick out of proportion to what they are. Mine is a thin barrel rifle that weighs about 8 pounds loaded including the scope.
My main rifle is an old mod 70 Winchester 30-06 standard weight . I swear the Sako kick is sharper.
I've put hundreds of 3" magnum goose loads thru a Remington 870 shotgun without complaint, so I figure I'm not especially recoil sensitive either .
I am left handed shooting a right handed rifle so the cheek piece is on the wrong side. That may have something to do with it.
The trigger on mine was nothing special either,but several people told me that the Sako trigger was a good one , so I cleaned, lubed and adjusted it .No smoothing of sear or other modifications.
It's much better and I don't like an especially light trigger on a hunting rifle anyway.
Just my opinion.
good shooting
Covey16

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote