Find
Notify
Tools

AR-15 question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LongCarbine
posted
I've got a friend who wants to sell an AR-15. It's a Bushmaster Carbon 15 model 97S and it's only got about 60 rounds through it. He's in LE and his department policy won't allow him to carry a carbon-fiber rifle, so he's looking to unload it and buy a steel AR. I'm thinking of buying it from him, and I'm wondering if anyone's had any experience (good or bad) with one of these rifles. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

"That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable."

Posts: 125 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problems with mine. Get it if the price is right.!

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How is he going to buy a steel AR-15? They are made of aluminum!

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LongCarbine
posted Hide Post
My mistake. Anyway, I'm going to try and get some range time with it and see how it shoots. The only problem there is I'm afraid I'll like it and have to buy it! Oh well, payday's only two weeks away...

"That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable."

Posts: 125 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
There is a stainless steel AR style receiver. I think Rock River Arms makes it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
If I remember right, Bushmaster bought out the Carbon rights/design from some other maker. I cannot remember who it was that made them before. I do remember hearing the older ones had some problems, and (I could be wrong) but I didn't think the carbon models used the same mil-spec parts as a normal AR, so parts are not interchangeable.