THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    M700 LV SF's, anyone handled/seen/shot one???

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M700 LV SF's, anyone handled/seen/shot one???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted
Just curious, they look on their site to be a great rifle. What did you think of it?

thanks in advance, TB

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw and handled one at a shop near Warrenton, VA last week. I beleive it will be a popular addition to Remingtons line-up! The rifle should make an excellent walking varminter. Not a pencil bbarrel, not a varmint barrel, just somewhere in the middle with what appears to be a good synthetic stock. They'll probably shoot ok too, since it's hard to make a poor shooting 223 or 22-250! If it was available in the .204 chambering, I would own one when first available!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A shooting friend of mine has one (.223), and is in the process of wringing it out. So far it looks like it is going to be a shooter. He is getting five shot groups in the high .4's to low .6's with several different bullet and powder combinations. They are a good looking, nice handling rifle. Should be a winner for a factory walking varmint rifle.

May I be half the man my grandson thinks I am.....RiverRat

Posts: 413 | Location: Owensville, Indiana USA | Registered: 04 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I saw one in .22-250 before Christmas and if I'd had the extra $850 in my pocket I would have bought it. This one had a bipod mounted (it was new though) and was at a kind of expensive shop so I guess you could find one a little cheaper.

Posts: 4 | Location: Southwest VA USA | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Ok, I ordered one, should be here in 2 weeks or less...223 Rem

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
Saw one on gun broker for $720

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea I wont one real bad.
How about Remington chamber it in the 6.8 Rem SPC it would make a cool target, varmint and deer rifle.

.270 caliber 90 gr. hollow point at around 3,000 fps. for targets and varmints.

110 gr. at around 2,800 fps for deer.

Posts: 66 | Location: georgia | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We had one in our shop in 223. We had to send it back due to a cracked stock. I'm hoping that was a fluke.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Quote:

We had one in our shop in 223. We had to send it back due to a cracked stock. I'm hoping that was a fluke.

me too

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
My 223 LV SF showed up today and she's puuuurdy