THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: out with the Ruger- in with new CZ 527

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: out with the Ruger- in with new CZ 527
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have had that same gun in a hornet for about 2 years now. Couldn't be happier...well I could be happier if I had one in each calibre. Excellent gun and the favorite of all that I own. I get 3/4 to 1 1/4 @ 100 yds for 3 shots depending on bullet. Still looking for the .5" load. My only complaint really is the mag spacer that limits the overall length and as such restricts the use of certain bullets. Should be a non-issue in the .223 though. IJF

Posts: 39 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon Territory | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IAN
Have the same problem,decided to stick with 34g Vmax and 45g HP bullet for the 218bee using 2400.Made the spacer at the back of the mag thinner so it would fit 40g + 50g vmax bullets,but it does not feed 100% because the follower now rocks up and down at the ends.Love the rifle and the cal what do you think??

Posts: 69 | Location: great britain | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that the CZ527 is a slightly spiffed up Brno which for many years was synonymous
with excellence in the Hornet. The CZ's seem to be sweeping the country. Maybe it'll cause Remington
to take their heads out of their butts and restore quality to their firearms before CZ and Tikka capture the
majority of the market. Best wishes to all.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wife's CZ American shoots under 1/2 MOA using 13 grains of Lil'Gun under a 35 grain V-Max using Rem 1 1/2 Small Pistol Primers. Her best group at 100 yards was just over 1/3 inch.
Pete

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a 77/22 Hornet. Worst rifle I EVER owned. Just bought a CZ 452 American (17HMR). A very fine piece of work for a lot less money than what Ruger wants for their 17's. I've looked at their centerfires and they are very nice also. Ruger really needs to do something about their rifles. Somebody here once said "given a good magazine and 15 or 20 minutes in the head, I can make a Ruger any day of the week". I couldn't agree more.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What country makes the CZ? Dont say France, or I wont even consider it.........LOL.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are made in Czech Republic.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My best friend owns a Brno rifle (pre CZ) in .22 Hornet. I'm amazed at the shots I've seen him make with
that rifle. I honestly don't think we make anything in the U.S. that can come close to it. I don't know why
they excel in that particular caliber, but they do. CZ purchased the firm some years ago, but it's the same
rifle. There are several different styles they produce also. One is a full stock mannlicher. Another is the
European styled stock that drops away in the buttstock and they make an American style stock also.
Check them out at: www.cz-usa.com Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a 77/22VHZ, which I finally got to shoot well after a couple years of tinkering and experimenting. It's being rebarrelled in .19 Calhoon now. I love the looks, and the laminated stock, but I'll never buy another Ruger after this one!
I got a CZ 527 American a while ago, and just took it out last month. It managed 1/2" groups, breaking in the barrel and sighting in the scope. Very impressive! I love trigger, easily adjusted following the instructions in the owner's manual, and the set trigger feature is super thoughtful.
I'm thinking about getting something is .222 Remington, and I've noticed CZ offers that caliber in the 527 also. I may have to go back to the CZ store for another!
Regards, George.