THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    CZ 452 or Browning T Bolt 22 lr

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 452 or Browning T Bolt 22 lr
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted
Looking at getting a 22lr and really like the cz 452, but the more I handle the Browning T bolt, the more I like it.

The Browning is drilled and tapped for scope bases.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of lilguy43uk
posted Hide Post
The CZ452 is a cracking little rifle and very good value for money. Mine shot 1 hole, 10 shot groups straight out of the box. Ejection is a little flaky at times with spent cases sometimes dropping back into the action.

I also have an "A" bolt in 22-50 Remington and it is well constructed and excellent quality. I haven't shot it next as I have to work up a load within the MV limits of the range I shoot at.

All in all I'm well pleased with both

Posts: 19 | Location: UK | Registered: 23 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ 452 American in 22 Rimfire, and another in 17 HMR. Both are excellent rifles and very accurate.
Have never shot a "T" Bolt so I can't cmt on that rifle.
My last group shot with the 452 in 22 Rimfire measured 3/16" at 50 yards, the very best group I ever shot with any 22 sporter. I used Wolf Match Target ammo.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
T bolts are cool being retro and all, however I'd probably pass on one unless it's a vintage Browning.
Have you handled one before?

One has to kind of slam the bolt back & forth, so by their very nature they aren't as smooth as other bolt action 22's.

One of Us
Picture of Beefa
posted Hide Post
Go the CZ !

Beefa270: Yes I really love my 270win

Posts: 114 | Location: Southern Sydney Australia | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an original T-Bolt. It's a well-made gun, but I find the changes in the new T-bolt to be very appropriate: (1) Straighter stock with a higher comb appropriate to scope use, and (2) helical 10-round flush magazine. The new T-bolt will have a somewhat nicer fit and finish than the CZ and is overall a more sophisticated rifle.

You didn't mention your intended use, but either rifle should provide first class accuracy.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the money, the CZs are very hard to beat. They are great little guns. I am not sure what the going price is for the new T-bolt is, but I would imagine that an Annie could be found for similar money. A replica win 52 would be a cool one too. I personally own a Remington 541T, and while I hate the plastic magainzes, I love the gun. It shoots so good.

Posts: 86 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments.

The CZ452 is around $325, with the T bolt costing a lot more at $495

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a 452 American and like it a lot. Got a Leupold 2 - 7 on it and it is dynamite on ground squirrels out to about 125 yards.

Posts: 664 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K3yston3:
For the money, the CZs are very hard to beat. They are great little guns. I am not sure what the going price is for the new T-bolt is, but I would imagine that an Annie could be found for similar money. A replica win 52 would be a cool one too. I personally own a Remington 541T, and while I hate the plastic magainzes, I love the gun. It shoots so good.

There are steel magazines available for the CZ 452.

It is a good citizen's duty to love the country and hate the gubmint.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy the CZ and ADD the $100 you saved to the budget you had set aside for the telescopic sight to "upgrade" it to one of a better quality. You won't ever regret it.

I actually used to use FULLBORE rifle scopes - Leupold 6x42 - on my rimfire rifle and never looked back.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Haven't owned/shot a T-bolt but I can vouch for the CZ: outstanding value, extremely accurate.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Having shot both and owned a T-Bolt, I would go with the T-Bolt. They are just a little more elegant.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3839 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote