New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calhoon shooters here?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody try these .19 & .20cal convertions that James Calhoon sells. He is a bullet maker from near here (Havre MT.) I'm kinda thinking the .19/223 is a hell of a Pdog rifle, but have not shot one yet.
I know some of my custimers from the Big Sandy area are big fans so mabe I can use one for a weekend.
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
33 grain Calhoun .204 bullets shoot great, but Berger 35 grain bullets shoot as good, are cheaper and tougher. I am sure his conversion are of very high quality, I have never heard anybody compailn about them. I think he uses CZ actions.

Posts: 110 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No big deal but according to Calhoon's price list his 20 Cal bullets sell for $42.00 per 250 pieces - about $17 per hundred.

Bergers sell for about $22 per hundred at Midway. I have not seen them much less other places(in stock).

I'm having my Cooper barreled by PAC-NOR to 19-223.Looking forward to shooting it in about 4 weeks.

Received my 19-223.Breaking-in the Bbl but it already is shooting some good groups.PAC-NOR did a very nice re-Bbl job.(8/21/08)

berylh