THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Savage warrenty turn around time

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage warrenty turn around time
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How long should it take to get a rifle back from the manufacturer? I purchased a savage 12 FVL or whatever it is called (the plastic stock chrome molly rifle) in 22-250 a few months ago. I could never get it to shoot less than 1.5 inches at 100 so I took it back to the store where I purchased it and they sent it back to savage to have them look at it. I was told it would take 3-4 weeks to get it back. It has been a couple months now (9-10 weeks - I lost track of time!). Is this common???

I have to say I'm upset w/ savage, but all that could be aleviated easily if I get my rifle soon and it actually shoots good Smiler

Posts: 127 | Location: Central Mn | Registered: 12 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
Have you contacted the store or Savage to see what the hold up is. Did the store ship it immediately or forgot about it until you checked on it?

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been in contact with the store and I'm sure they sent it immediately, well, at least I am reasonably sure of that because the store has always had excellent service for me.

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
I think I would ask the store for shipping information, explaining to them that I would like to follow up w/Savage as to the delay. Then I would call Savage, tell them when rifle was shipped and see what they have to say.

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you can check pretty easy by going to their website and getting the warranty station phone number.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Hey Britz, is your first name Don?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A few years back I had to send a Ruger #1 in 7x57 back to Ruger due to a bad barrel. it took them a hair over seven months to get the gun back to me. Guess it was worth the wait as the gun is now a tack driver.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
I had a bad Simmons scope (I know I know) that wouldn't adjust left from the get go. I sent it back and waited for 9 months. Calling got me no where so I went and talked to my friend who is the purchasing agent for a sporting goods company. He threatened to stop ordering their scopes if they didn't start taking care of the warrenties of his customers. I got a brand new scope 2 days later. I guess the moral of the story is someone has to get rude before things get done sometimes. I hate to be an a$$hole but sometimes you have to get a little forceful when dealing w/ big companies. I find that if you get a "Little Agitated" on the phone they become more simpathetic to your cause. Again I do not do this on a regular basis. I am also not saying to abuse a person on the phone but just make it clear that you are not pleased w/ the way things are being handled. Maybe even find the Savage rep for your area and let him know your displeasure; it might help. Good Luck

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last year had to send back a Model 12 .204 because of a bad barrel. Took 5 weeks.

life member NRA (Endowment)
member Arizona Big Horn Sheep Society
member Arizona Antelope Foundation
member Arizona Wildlife Foundation

Posts: 146 | Location: Oracle, Az. | Registered: 01 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the help and information guys!! I'll look for the phone number Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, just got my rifle back and it turns ou that savage did take about 6.5 weeks, but the store I went to (not going to bad mouth them) made a mistake and apparently called a wrong number to let me know and there was a miscommunication so my rifle was tucked away in the back for about a month!

anywho, they replaced the barrel and re machined the bolt so I am pretty excited to take it out for a test run and break in my new barrel!

Thanks again for the advice
mark.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
oh thats good news.
hope she drive 1/4moa groups, dreams are free!

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
... hope she drive 1/4moa groups, dreams are free!
Well, Paul from nz, speaking of 1/4 MOA accuracy - I watched how my buddy loaded up some rounds for his 22-250. Just slapped 'em together any-old-how (with the wrong powder charge), crushed a few cases, ignored warnings of dire consequences for using too much powder, pulled too deep bullets back out with pliers, but the bladdy thing shot great! And to the same point as factory ammo! bewildered (He did say he could feel and hear his loads were hot).

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lucky son bi.... hope my new rifle when it gets back from the gunsmith shoots 1/4 moa. id be stoked!

haha oh that reminds me when my brother was at one of the nzda shoots with him 303, he was using reloads and one of the bullets fell out of the case. he just stuck all the powder back in the case and jammed the bullet back into the neck, the fulla beside him sure gave him a funny look. made me laugh pretty hard.

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote