New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 Varmint, HS Kevlar
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am interested in one of the HS stocked CZ527 rifles in .223 Rem. Input needed: Barrel twist rate? Is the receiver tapped for scope bases or does it only have the CZ dovetail? The safety...forward for firing mode? Any commentary on the feeding reliability with the detachable mag? Thank you.....where did you buy your CZ?

Posts: 122 | Location: Halstad, MN USA | Registered: 24 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My CZ is the Varmint Laminate, same rifle different stock. It is grooved, and the safety forward on, and back fire. Mine was a little sticky on feeding at first (especially 1st round in mag) but several hundred rounds later its fine. It's a 1 in 9 twist and oddly enough it's favorite bullet so far is the 40 grain BlitzKing, I've yet to try the heavies but it shoots the 40's so well followed by the 50 grain Sierra SP I'm not really concerned. It truly is an accurate rifle .2's to .4's with stuff it likes and it likes a lot. Mine by the way is bedded, crowned and the trigger slicked, hell'uva value for the money. I got mine at Shed Horn Sports in Ennis Montana.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Montdoug. I was afraid they had that backwards safety manipulation. I think the CZ550 have it changed to the "American" way, forward for firing mode....at least I read it somewhere, but have not verified it. The 1/9 twist is okay for my purposes. My Winchester Stealth has that, and I shoot 69 SMKs with Varget. Will have to find a CZ to actually hold, I guess. Thanks again.

Posts: 122 | Location: Halstad, MN USA | Registered: 24 October 2001Reply With Quote