THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    pre-'64 Win M70 FW FS w/scope - SOLD

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pre-'64 Win M70 FW FS w/scope - SOLD
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
This is not my rifle, nor my gun shop, but my buddy Jeff has a nice 1961 .243 Winchester M70 FW in .243 Win with an older Bushnell 3x9 scope in Redfield-style mounts for sale for $529 at his shop...

Cave Creek Armory, 6812 E. Cave Creek Road, Cave Creek, AZ (480) 595-2858.

It has the original sights, a very nice, shiny bore, good factory crown, and looks quite decent all over. Metal work is all quite nice for its age. The last inch of the butt end of the stock has some finish missing...looks like it might have been carried a lot standing upright in a floor-mounted boot in a car or truck.

Anyway, Jeff can tell you more about it if any of you are interested. He's open tomorrow, of course. If I didn't already have at least 10 rifles I haven't even fired yet, I'd be buying this one for myself. I bought one other rifle from him today, and try my dangedest not to buy more than one gun a day dancing

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
If I didn't already have at least 10 rifles I haven't even fired yet, I'd be buying this one for myself. I bought one other rifle from him today, and try not to buy more than one gun a day dancing

Roll EyesLet me know if you'd like some help firing those rifles. Winkroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger, you are always welcome at my house. Let me know the next time you are in the Phoenix area. We'll go out to Ben Avery and you can shoot whatever rifles of mine catch your fancy.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received word today by e-mail that someone has bought this rifle. If they are someone from here at AR and they decide they don't like it within 3 days after getting it, then I will buy it from them if it is still in the exact condition they received it.

I don't need the rifle, but I wouldn't want anyone to buy a specific rifle on my recommendation which didn't meet their expectations. That offer does NOT stand for non AR members, or for rifles bought without a specific recommendation of that particular rifle in one of MY posts.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.