Find
Notify
Tools

gas block cut-off???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
I have a 5.7 Johnson on a IRI carbine... (like the military 30 carbine).... is there any way to cut off the gas to the system to make it a single shot??... I'm trying to catch the brass and not chase it all over the range... thanks, jim

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimatcat:
I have a 5.7 Johnson on a IRI carbine... (like the military 30 carbine).... is there any way to cut off the gas to the system to make it a single shot??... I'm trying to catch the brass and not chase it all over the range... thanks, jim

You would have to fabricate a valve or plug to go into the gas block. Or you could take a portable screen to the range that you could set up and catch the brass allowing it to fall close to you. Our range has screens between each shooting station to catch brass in this manner from SA weapons.

Posts: 3786 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
A multitude of places sell a brass catcher for AR15's.
Although they are not ideal they do what they are supposed to do and one could easily be adapted to your rifle, an added plus they are cheap around 12$ on Amazon.
That might be easier that modifying the rifle...

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote