New
Find
Notify
Tools

.224 Valkyrie
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In the world of teeny tiny bores there is a 100grain bullet available in .224 Valkyrie. Anybody knows where/how etc it can be bought for the reloader?.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...official-data-loads/

I would see a great pontential in a .22PPC for such bullet.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know of any over 90 gr...you might contact some of the CNC custom bullet makers, and ANY CNC shop can turn just about whatever weight you want. Corbin might be able to provide bullet making dies,

WAY back in the distant past when I first built a 6mm-284 one of the locals was playing with what was known then as the 22-284. Several of the other members had hot 22 and 6mm's and the discussions could get lively to say the least. Lots of talk about swagging down 6mm bullets as there weren't many 22 bullets heavier than about 70 then. The guy that had the Valkyrie made his own and shot mostly 70 to 85 gr and many odd weights. Some shot OK and some printed shot patterns, don't know what twist he was using.

With the abundance of 80-90 gr commercial 22 cal bullets I would hesitate to get too spendy trying for heavier weights, but it would be an interesting project if the swaging dies didn't cost an arm and a leg.

LUCK beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It all started with the 224 Clark in the 50s. He made his own 80gr bullets.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote