New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser 6.5 barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I finally went to the range and shot my blaser r8 in 6.5 creedmoor with a Leica er5.

I had the scope mounted and sighted in by the gunsmith Larry Shores recommended and who now does all my local gunsmithing. He said it was accurate as all blasers are when he gave the scoped and sighted gun.

I took the scope off and barrel off and moved it between other Blaser chassis ect. Took it hunting but never used it.

I shot two groups with federal 140 grain. The gun was sighted in with Hornady eldx. The first group was after markets close around 4 pm and the second was at dusk (last shooting light). The rest of the time I was introducing my cousin who is visiting from India to my ar, pistols and Benelli m4.

I go get the targets and they are tiny. I come home and measure them (after digging out my larue ruler) - both are .5 inches. I don’t shoot that good. This rifle/barrel is awesome. If someone competent is shooting it I bet it is a one hole barrel.

The middle of target group is the afternoon group and the top right corner is the dusk group.

Very impressed with the 6.5 creedmoor, the Blaser R8 and the Leica. The range was around 105-110 yards.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, how did you get the image of a target printed on a bed sheet? :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs

How come we never see a target from you Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Biebs

Mike

Now THAT is one fine question.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rodell:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Biebs

Mike

Now THAT is one fine question.

Especially for someone with his own private rifle range Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'd need an electron microscope to measure group size :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
You'd need an electron microscope to measure group size :-)

Stop lying Biebs.

We all know you need a mental detector to find the group buried in the berm. What is considered a good group - two out of three in the berm Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Did you shoot those groups with off the shelf ammo, Mike?
Nice shooting.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5237 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Did you shoot those groups with off the shelf ammo, Mike?
Nice shooting.

Yup the cheapest 6.5 ammo at academy.

https://www.academy.com/shop/p...cal-rifle-ammunition

I have good stuff loaded by admiral/subsailor74 for me but I did not want to use it.

This gun and barrel can shoot. The Leica scope helps a lot.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Some fine shooting there and with soft points no less. Remington Whitetail loads are darn good as well at least in .30-'06 caliber. If I recall correctly, they are essentially a Cor-Lokt with a plastic tipped bullet instead of a PSP.

Happy hunting with the new toy.

Posts: 5237 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike,
Which model is your Leica? I love my Kahles 3-9X42. But, could use more magnification for these aging eyes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Hey Mike,
Which model is your Leica? I love my Kahles 3-9X42. But, could use more magnification for these aging eyes.

Leica er5 3-15 x 56 ballistic reticle.

Love the scope.

Mike