Find
Notify
Tools

RL 10X in a 204
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone found a recipe?

Posts: 507 | Location: Rogersville ,tn,usa | Registered: 06 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sll-- Looks like everyone is asleep or no one uses Reloder 10X in their rifle. Todd Kindler, in the Winter 2004 issue of Small Caliber News, lists Reloder 10X along with H322 and VihtaVuori N-135 as three great powders for both the 32 gr. and 40 gr. bullets. He used SPL on his bullets and urges readers to start well below his top loads and work up.

My tests loads included Reloder 10X with both the 32 gr. and 40 gr. V-Max bullets. If Reloder 10X was the only powder I could lay my hands on, I think I could handcraft some very potent and accurate loads for the 32 gr. V-Max, the 35 gr. Berger FB HP, the 39 gr. Sierra, and the 40 gr. Berger LTB. I still haven't made up my mind about whether my rifle will shoot the 40 gr. V-Max bullets accuratelywith any powder.

Sierra's load data lists 22.8 gr. of RE-10X as the starting load and 26.3 as the max load with their 32 gr. bullets. For the 39 gr. gullets they list 21.6 gr. as the starting load and 25.1 gr. as the max load.

Alliant only lists RL-15 for the .204 Ruger projectiles, but you could probably get them to give you some additional information by contacting them.

Catch ya L8R

Posts: 192 | Location: Northwest North Dakota | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Silverfox. I have respect for your and GHD's experience with this round and your findings. I have almost a full pound of 10X that I obtained a while back for another caliber and thought it may fit this calibers bill as a suspect. I welcome both of you guy's info on this matter if you would be so kind to share.

Posts: 507 | Location: Rogersville ,tn,usa | Registered: 06 August 2001Reply With Quote