THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Magpul UBR stock for AR-15's w/pic.........................

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul UBR stock for AR-15's w/pic.........................
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just in case there are some AR-15 rifle fans here I thought I'd post this here. Magpul finally released some preproduction examples of the new UBR stock. I got mine:

As typical for Magpul products the UBR is superbly designed and manufactured. This is a GREAT Stock, heck for stout, lots of adjustments, storage compartments, lots of sling mount options etc..

The one recommendation I would have for Magpul when they go into production is to mention that the stock requires a Carbine length spring and buffer. My Knight SR-15 had a full length stock so I had to run down a CAR length Spring and Buffer. If you are switching over from another Collapsable stock it's not an issue.

It's not cheap - the best never is. It's the best collapsable I've ever seen on any rifle. As soon as the production versions come out they are highly recommended. I plan to buy more...........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
How's the cheek weld?

Does it have more LOP than a garden variety 6-position carbine stock?

I have a Stag adjustable stock on my new Carbine. Not near enough LOP. Needs to come out at least 3/4".

I saw these stocks over at ARFCOM. If enough people beat the crap out of them and like them, I might buy one.

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
DJ, I am beginning to show signs of acute BRD and have just installed a MIAD grip, and would have gone for the Magpul mags at a show this weekend if the dealers weren't asking $22 a piece for black windowless! Nice stock, I guess I'll have to keep an eye on those to now... Wink

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote