Notify
Tools

Rem 700 in 22 250
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted
Guys,

I have the opportunity to buy a second hand rifle as mentioned above.

Is the Rem 700 a good rifle?

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
usually very accurate rifle. very rare to find a small caliber remmy that doesn't shoot well

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
My Rem 700 SPS in 22 250 is very accurate being a stock rifle. It is a 1/2 inch gun @ 100 yards or better if I do my part!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Got a R700 varmint special (I think the first year they made them) in 220 swift, and I love it. Still playing with it, but I have a sub .4" load already with 60 gr. hps.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

Will give a test report once I have the rifle.

But dont expect that soon, I am budgeting 18 months to get the license approved...

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yoy mentioned that it is a "used" rifle. Be aware that the early 700's in 22-250 were 1in14 twist. This will limit you to 55gr bullets. My son-in-law has one that is tremendous with the lighter bullets. We tried 60gr V-Max and the groups opened up considerably.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the jigger:
Yoy mentioned that it is a "used" rifle. Be aware that the early 700's in 22-250 were 1in14 twist. This will limit you to 55gr bullets. My son-in-law has one that is tremendous with the lighter bullets. We tried 60gr V-Max and the groups opened up considerably.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

Thank you Sir,

Will make sure what the twist is.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Rem 700 BDL varmint that was manufactured in 1968. It will put five 55gr Nosler BT's well under half an inch at 100 yards.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote