THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Winchester;s Super Short magnums

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester;s Super Short magnums
 Login/Join

<ack . john>
posted
I JUST READ ABOUT THESE TWO NEW CARTRIDGE;S IN RIFLE SHOOTER MAGZINE. THEY ARE .223WSSM AND .243WSSM.THEY ARE A SHORT FAT CASE.THE HEAD OF EACH CASE IS.555.THE 223WSSM WILL SHOT A 55GR.BULLET 200FPS.FASTER THEN A 22-250 WITH THE SAME BULLET.THE 243WSSM WILL DO THE SAME THING OVER THE.243.WINCHESTER IS MAKEING THE MODEL70 IN BOTH CARTRIDGE;S BROWNING IS ALSO CHAMBERING IT;S A-BOLT.HAS ANYONE OUTHER KNOW ANYTHING ELES ABOUT THESE NEW GREAT SOUNDING CARTRIDGE;S ACK.JOHN

<Kimmo E>
posted
Search the forum!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did some calculations of the 243 WSSM case capacity on another forum. It may be Hunt America.

I estimated that the water capacity is 62 grains. A .243 Win is 54, 6MM Rem 55 and the 240 Weath. is 64. This is all from memory and the real stuff will be out soon.

www.shortmags.org

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote