New
Find
Notify
Tools

17 Ackley Hornet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Finally got my Ruger 77/17 AH back this week From Pac-Nor after 6 months and I am ready to start working up loads for it. I would like to know what powders and loads people who shoot this cartridge are using? I am looking to shoot 20 gr. bullets. Any info would be appreciated.

Posts: 70 | Location: MI | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to the forum of Saubier bullets. They all shoot sub calibers, alot of hardcore reloaders and wildcatters. The 17 Hornet is suppose to rock. I want one real bad. Real accurate and fur friendly. Search the posts you can find everything you want to know about the round.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a Cooper Varminter in 17 Ackley Hornet a couple months ago after almost nine desparate years waiting. Unfortunately, it arrived just as hunting season was getting full swing, so I haven't spent too much time with it...yet!!

The suggestion to go to Saubier is a great one...the guys there really know what they are talking about.

If you do go to Saubier, be prepared to be informed that you should use Accurate 1680 or Vhitavouri N120 for powder.

The 17AH is a sweet little cartridge and I can't wait for spring to get after the chizzlers, chucks, and prairie dogs!

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote