THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    The chamber on my FN Roberts to 25,06 checks out!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The chamber on my FN Roberts to 25,06 checks out!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The saga continues of the FN I bought thinking it was a .257 Roberts, Thats what it says on the origional barrel, and I have no reason to think think the dealer i bought it from new any different.
some of you may have read some of my previous posts about it.
anyway The first roberts round I put through it split the case and the shoulder compared closly to the .270 rounds I had with me at the time. So I figured it was a 25,06 with out bennifit of the correct stamping on the barrel.
I had the head space checked today and it is in good spec so shoot it I will.
Loaded up some 117 grain SST hornady a few 110 gr accubonds, and bought a box of 120 grain corelocks, to try. I sure hope it shoots !
I wanted a roberts when I bought it but a good 25,06 will be very usfull . And one advantage since it has been rebored I don't have to worry about trying to find a factory stock, I can go with a accuracy innovations or a Boyds if I want. The currant stock will do temporarlilly but not long term and marking the barrel will only run me 30.00, and i will send a coppy of the recipt to the guy I bought it from. If he is concerned about his reputation he might send me a check...tj3006...tj3006

freedom1st